Sunday, August 7

Day #10 - Paragliding and Family Fun - Dad

Gliding through Hawaii.

We got up extra early to go paragliding.  We met on the mountain at 7:15 am.  Our guides were there and excited that we were on time.  MJ, Luke and I loaded up in the car and they drove up up 20 more minutes up the mountain.  We were tied to our partners and then sat on the mountain for 10 minutes tethered to our partner - awkward.  My guy wanted to talk and everyone else was silent.  Luke's guide eventually got up and said, the wind is not perfect, but I am ready to go and he ran off the mountain with my son.  MJ took her leap after that and I followed.  It sounds daring to go paragliding, but it is actually very peaceful.  You just sit back and enjoy the view.  The ride was 10 - 12 minutes and ended with you running on the ground in tandem with your guide.  It was pretty cool.


Jake, Lindy and Devon went up after us.  We sat at the bottom of the mountain and waited for them.  We could see them take off and glide.  We are really not good parents because we signed a wavier stating that we assumed all responsibility for whatever the kids did up there.  Jake had the opportunity to "drive"  he took control and the decision has been made to delay him getting his driver's license.

Kevin and Lara were next and we watched them go down.  Again, it was a beautiful day and we just enjoyed hanging out on the mountain with friends and family.

Next we stopped for shave ice and many felt that it was the top location for shave ice.  All good and I plan on returning soon to make sure it is truly the best.

Then we returned to the condo.  MJ and I went out for a run.  When we returned, the Webb's had decided to go to the beach.  The Strong's decided to hang out at the condo.  We caught up with Big Brother, we talked and then we went to the pool.  It may sound silly, but just hanging out with my three favorite people in the world, playing in a pool was truly a highlight.  We played "Categories".  We laughed and enjoyed being with each other.  When people ask me my dream destination, the truth is that it is doesn't matter.  I love being with my family and as long as I am with them, it is all a dream come true.