Monday, August 1

Day #4 - Movie Tour and relaxing - Dad

The weather forecast was not great but we were determined to have a great time.

In the morning, I ran back to Diamond Head and ran up the mountain to this view.  I did not get lost - so that is a victory.  While running I ran into a Triathlon - the people were on the thrid leg of running and still were passing me.

The movie tour was neat.  There were many movies that were filmed at least partially in Hawaii.  We rode in and open window bus while the rain pummeled us through the windows.  We learned a lot and had a good time seeing scenes from Lost and Jurrasic Park.  All was good.






Then the fun began.  We went on our ATV ride.  I drove the kids while the other three adults had their own ATVs.  I took a drivers test while everyone watched the safety videos.  I passed the test and was ready to drive.  Within the first two minutes the kids pointed out that I had broken 3 of the rules that were listed on the video.  I am saying that it was not my fault because I missed the video.  It got to the pojnt where the tour guide had to come back and give me the mean look of that she was watching me.  Even after that, we still broke the rules.  The speed limit was 12 mph and at one point we hit 29 mph.  Again, I believe the rules do not apply to me and we are there to have fun.  The kids enjoyed driving around the sets and through the mud.

Next up was our first taste of Shave Ice.  It was large and wonderful  I have tried to stop eating the left over food from the kids, but could not resist the extra shave ice.  Good stuff.

Later that night as we were shopping a mad came up to me and told me I had saved his life and that he appreciated all I had done for him.  I pointed out that he probably had the wrong person and that I did not do anything.  He pointed out that God was working through me to save him.  So even at my most humble moments, people think I am God like.  I just hope that the kids always remember that.  I save people.  Luke decided to harp on the fact that I am a life saver and showed me a picture of a donut telling me that I am a life saver just like the picture.  I think he needs more junk food to know what a donut and life saver are.

We went to bed that night around 10:00 and Luke and I loved it.  MJ and Jake were complaining that we were going to bed too early.  It is vacation so I will do my favorite activity - sleep.