Tuesday, August 2

Day 3 - Diamondhead and the Beach - MJ

Another early day!  We are still not quite used to the time difference so it wasn't too terrible waking up early.  I enjoyed the hike up the crater which was only about .8 miles.  Running this summer really helped me complete the walk without being exhausted.  Yay!  As we hiked up the rocky, not always smooth terrain, I was vividly reminded of our RV trips and the hiking we did in Yosemite and Grand Tetons.  Beautiful amazing views at the top.  My family is never quite happy unless they are freaking me (the rule follower) out.  If you look at Scott's post you can see how they walked a crazy path and totally disregarded the sign.  (Their defense - the sign said "please" so they really didn't mean it.)  Jake also blatantly disregarded a sign - see picture below.  He even posted the picture to Instagram.


After the time-share presentation, we went to Lanikai Beach.  The beach was beautiful.  The views were beautiful, the water was calm, and the sand was the nicest sand I have ever felt in my life.  We really enjoyed ourselves.


The beach was thunder-dome.  OMG.  Dogs on the beach and in the water.  Beer in beer bottles on the beach and in the water.  Boats sailing close to people.  Floats, boogie boards, and SUP boards everywhere.  No life guards.  No one cared.  I am so used to New Jersey that has so many rules.  All of the beaches in Hawaii are public, and there are no real rules.  Totally different experience.  We had a great time.